Ryan J. Muldoon
Ryan J. Muldoon is a partner at Simpson Legal Group LLC, and his civil litigation practice is broad, encompassing a variety of matters, from straightforward motor vehicle accident disputes to complex dissolution of marriage cases.
Ryan is a compassionate, analytical, and meticulous civil litigator who prides himself on his ability to balance both the personal and professional aspects of legal representation. Ryan takes the time to establish a truly collaborative and personalized relationship with clients, which pays significant dividends throughout a complex dispute. He can gain critical insights gleaned from the client’s help to guide his case analysis and develop an effective litigation strategy.
Ryan’s career trajectory may be somewhat unconventional, but it has ultimately led to his development as a well-rounded litigator. When he first graduated from law school — after having taught Spanish at the high school level for six years — Ryan began working as in-house counsel at a Fortune 500 company. After three years of navigating the sophisticated legal issues facing corporate entities, Ryan changed course and entered private practice, bringing a team-based approach typical of in-house environments into private practice. Ryan’s commitment to working directly with clients to establish a solid rapport and collaborate in developing a tailored litigation strategy is primarily fueled by these experiences.
It can be quite a challenge for clients to evaluate prospective legal assistance, and in truth, this is made even more difficult by the fact that most clients have minimal first-hand experience in a legal dispute. Ryan makes things simple; at the very core of his practice lies the client’s needs, goals, and concerns. No matter how straightforward or sophisticated your dispute, Ryan’s basic approach remains constant. He is tireless in examining and investigating the issue at-hand from the client’s perspective and invests the time and resources necessary to evaluate the case thoroughly so that he can determine a strategy that will achieve the best possible results for the client.
When he’s not busy practicing law, Ryan enjoys spending time with his wife and 14-year-old son. If there’s enough time, he enjoys golfing, traveling and cooking.
Ryan has obtained several favorable results on behalf of clients in the following areas:
- Personal injury claims arising from ATV accidents, motor vehicle accidents, and slip and falls
- Workers’ compensation claims against employers
- Homeowners’ insurance claims from hail and storm damage
- Commercial liability insurance claims relating to crop damage and semi-tractors
- Construction defect claims
- Breach of contract claims
- Collection actions regarding outstanding past due accounts and judgments on behalf of banks, businesses, and individuals
- Real estate transactions
- Evictions on behalf of landlords
- Division of assets in dissolution of marriage actions
- Multi-million dollar awards in major dissolution of marriage actions at the Court of Appeals level
- Creighton University School of Law
- Juris Doctor, 2011
- Litigation Concentration
- Iowa State University
- B.A. Spanish with Distinction, 2002
- Iowa, 2011
- Nebraska, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Iowa, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Iowa, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska, 2015
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Iowa State Bar Association Scope and Correlation Committee, 2016-2017
- Leadership Council Bluffs Alumni Association, 2017-Present
- Leadership Council Bluffs Graduate Class XXIX
- Fathers Matter Committee, 2016-Present