M. John Riley
I am John Riley, partner at Simpson Legal Group, LLC. I have been a lawyer for over fourteen (14) years in Minnesota and most recently Iowa. After practicing at a southwest Iowa law firm for seven years and over half of my practice dedicated to the area of family law, I have decided to solely focus on family law. I also completed the Comprehensive Divorce & Family Mediation from Crilley Mediation Services to become a mediator in my community.
I am married and have two wonderful children that do their best to keep me active. As a Minnesota native and avid sports fan, I have learned to enjoy my sports teams despite the constant pain and suffering they cause me.
My education started at Minnesota State University in Mankato, MN where I received my Bachelor of Science and graduated Summa Cum Laude. In 2006, I graduated from Hamline University School of Law with my Juris Doctorate. I am a member of the Iowa Bar Association as well as the Family Law Section.
- Minnesota, 2007
- Iowa, 2013
- U.S District Court Northern District of Iowa, 2017
- U.S District Court Southern District of Iowa, 2017
- Shelby County Community Foundation, Member
- Shelby County Community Foundation Scholarship Committee, Member
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member
- Iowa Family Law Section, Member
- Iowa Association of Justice, Member
- Endowment for Education, Member
- Founding Member of AACFL (American Academy for Certified Financial Litigators)
- Iowa Judicial Branch – Mediator for the 4th District